SWISS CLUB ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA Club Page
View the most recent newsletter below.
For the Swiss Newsletter Archive click here
Swiss-American Society of the Suncoast
(St Petersburg - Tampa - Clearwater areas of Florida)
Contact: Heinz Gasser - (727) 367-3009 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Agnes Kissling-Sullivan - (727) 360-4352 - email@example.com
ABOUT YOUR LOCAL SWISS CLUB
- We are a social club with about 100 regular members and many friends from all walks of life.
- You do not have to be Swiss to join us.
Some members came from Switzerland - some have Swiss heritage - some have traveled to or worked in our beautiful country - some come to find out more about Switzerland, its interesting past and exciting present - some are domestic or international snow birds - ALL are welcome.
- We meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. on the second Saturday from October through May. Contact us to find out where.
- After we eat we usually have an interesting program consisting of a presentation around a Swiss subject, often followed by a video or film from or about Switzerland.
- All our meetings are public. Everyone is welcome. Just walk in and you will be warmly welcomed.
- To become a member the membership dues are a mere $20 per year.
- All our meetings are held in English. Although you will find a variety of languages spoken—Swiss-German, German, French, Italian, and Romantsch. Movies are in English or have English subtitles.
- We provide information about Switzerland for local organizations and schools by individual initiatives or through speakers bureaus. We offer information and discussion online as a research for students and the general public. Links to Swiss news, information, culture, customs, government, and education are also available here.
- We offer assistance, when needed, to Swiss visitors and students in the area.
*Note: Since we lack the talent and the inclination, we do not have folkloric presentations. None of our members yodel or blow the alphorn.